The role of a partnership member is to:
- Work for the conservation, protection and enhancement of the whole of the Heritage Coast.
- Champion the Partnership’s vision for the Heritage Coast and its communities, as set out in the Heritage Coast Management Plan.
- Contribute knowledge, expertise and experience to the work of the Partnership.
- Assist the Partnership in achieving the independent and apolitical profile in the performance of its functions.
Listed below are all the Durham Heritage Coast Partners:
- City of Sunderland Council
- Durham County Council
- Durham Wildlife Trust
- Natural England
- Environment Agency
- Hartlepool Borough Council
- National Trust
- Northumbrian Water
- Ryhope Development Trust
- Seaham Town Council
- Blackhall Regeneration Partnership
- Easington Colliery Regeneration Partnership
- Horden Regeneration Partnership